ASBN - LPTN Renewal On Time
This application is for nurses who wish to renew an existing Arkansas license/certificate. It is NOT an application for new graduate initial licensure or endorsement of a license from another state.
The information contained herein is designed to assist you with information you need to begin the renewal application process. Read the instruction and provide all required documentation. Additional instructions are located within the online renewal system as you progress through the renewal process
1. ASBN Renewal Application
- Application for renewal should be submitted prior to expiration date.
- No application is complete until all required documentation (if applicable) and fees are received.
2. Fee Information
- Click here for current fees.
- The accepted method of payment is with credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover).
- Verify that the charges are correct before submitting application.
- ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
- License renewal fees must be received prior to the expiration date.
- You will receive a payment receipt by email which should be printed as proof of payment.
Continuing Education Compliance Information
A nurse who holds an active Arkansas license is required to complete certain continuing education requirements prior to licensure renewal.
There is a specific question within the renewal application that will ask you to affirm that you “have met the continuing education requirements during the 24 months immediately preceding the renewal date (current renewal cycle)”.
Requirements for licensees who hold an active nursing license include one of the following:
- Fifteen (15) practice focused contact hours from a nationally recognized or state continuing education approval body recognized by the ASBN; or
- Certification or re-certification during the renewal period by a national certifying body recognized by the ASBN; or
- An academic course in nursing or related field
If you are using the contact hour option for compliance, the renewal application no longer requires that you specifically list information about each continuing education course that you have taken and you do not upload your certificates in the message center.
Click here for additional CE information
Refer to the Arkansas State Board of Nursing Rules Chapter 2, Section VII for complete CE information