ASBN - Education
The Arkansas State Board of Nursing approves programs preparing registered nurse and practical nurse candidates for licensure. The Nurse Practice Act requires that the Board prescribe minimum standards, approve curricula and survey educational programs through its authorized representative.
The National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX®) is a computer adaptive exam designed to test the knowledge, skills and abilities of the entry-level practitioner following graduation from an approved nursing education program. Additional NCLEX® information is located under the ASBN-NCLEX Exam hyperlink to the left..
Continuing education for license renewal and reinstatement was mandated by Act 86 of the 2001 Arkansas legislative session. The regulations were put into effect beginning July 1, 2003. Random audits for compliance with the continuing education requirements are conducted.
- Continuing Education
- Diabetic Educator
- Insulin & Glucagon Administration Training Programs
- Loans & Scholarships
- NCLEX Exam
- Approved Nursing Programs
- Program Director & Faculty Information
- Refresher Course Information
- Interested in writing or reviewing test questions for the NCLEX exam?
- MEDSCAPE Nursing MedPulse®
- Medication Assistant-Certified