Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board
Announcement: Legislative update: HB 1108 contained revisions to two ArDLB statutes.
The first revision changed the number of members required to call a special meeting from three (3) members to two (2) members and changed the number of members required for a quorum from four (4) members to three (3) members. These changes were needed as the makeup of the Board was changed by Act 540 of 2017, reducing the number of Board members from seven (7) to five (5).
The second revision added the option of emailing renewal notices to licensees.
Both revisions have passed and await Governor Sanders' signature. We anticipate the revisions will become effective around September 1, 2023.
- You now have the option to fill out new applications and renewal forms online! Please see the links below under Forms. You will still need to mail/email additional documents and payment.
- Online verifications of current licenses are now available. Click here for the Verification List.
The purpose of the Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board (ADLB) is to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public. This is accomplished by providing for the licensing and regulation of persons engaged in the practice of dietetics as established by the Dietetics Practice Act in l989.
The Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board members appointed by the Governor meet regularly to process new and renewal licensure applications. The state of Arkansas currently licenses over 793 dietitians in the state.
Update from the Board, March 2022
Arkansas Licenses issued after January 1, 2021, have a renewal date one year from the date of issuance. Please watch for an email approximately six weeks prior to license expiration date. All licenses expire the end of the month issued. (Example: license issued in February 2021 will expire Feb 28, 2022). The email will contain renewal instructions. Please renew promptly to allow ample time to receive the renewed license. Plans are moving forward to offer an online renewal option in the near future. Please direct any questions to the Board to ARDiet@arkansas.gov. Ms. Jessica Cordray is the administrative secretary for the Board and relays emails promptly.
Board Members & Staff
The Board has comprised of five (5) persons, all of whom are Arkansas Residents, with the following qualifications: three (3) Board members are Licensed Dietitians; two (2) Board members are representatives of the public at large. The members of the Board are appointed by the Governor, with the consent of the Senate, and serve staggered terms of five (5) years each beginning January 15 of odd-numbered years. The dietetic professional members are selected from a list of ten (10) names submitted to the Governor by the Board of Directors of the Arkansas Academy of Dietetics and Nutrition. Each of these Licensed Dietitian Board members has been practicing dietitians for at least five (5) years preceding their appointment.
Functions of the Board
Duties of the Board include the licensure and regulation of individuals qualified to engage in the practice of dietetics and other nutrition care services.
At least two (2) regular meetings of the Board are held each calendar year, and at the first regular meeting every two (2) years, the Board elects a chairperson and vice-chairperson. Special called meetings may be held at the discretion of the chairperson or at the written request of any three (3) members of the Board. All regular meetings of the Board are open to the public. Reasonable notice of all meetings are given in the manner prescribed by the laws of this State.
A quorum of the Board consists of three (3) members. A secretary of the Board is elected by the Board and holds office at the pleasure of the Board.
- Pursuant to Act 392, “Dietetics Practice Act” the Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board established the following rules and regulations: Dietetics Practice Act.
- Paper Renewal Application (ADLB-2 - Updated 08/14/2019) (Contains ADLB 1, 2, & 3)
- Renewal Application Online Form
- Continuing Education Guidelines (ADLB-7)
- Paper New Application (ADLB-2 - Updated 7.30.21)
- New Application Online Form
- Complaint Form (ADLB-8)
- Additional Online PLD Application Documents
- Additional Online New Application Documents
The law that established licensure for dietitians in Arkansas also specified that for renewal of that license, every licensed dietitian would yearly complete twelve (12) hours of continuing education(CE). The CE would be approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration or its designee. These Continuing Education Guidelines provide additional information regarding this process.
- Emergency Advisory to Arkansas Licensing Agencies, Boards, and Commissions of an Imposter Scam
- Letter to Health Care Workers
- Guidelines for Fully Vaccinated Persons to Quarantine if Exposed to a Person Known to have COVID-19
- Guidelines for Dietetics Routine Care Reopening
- Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Arkansas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
|Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board||5800 W 10th St.
Little Rock, AR 72204