Arkansas State Board of Examiners in Counseling
Welcome To The Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling and Marriage & Family Therapy.
The Board of Examiners is here to help you pursue a professional license to practice in Arkansas. Our web pages provide access to application forms, licensure protocol, laws, rules, disciplinary procedures, rosters of practitioners and supervisors, and other helpful information that will assist you in your chosen career.
The Board also invites comments and questions from consumers. If you wish to locate a counselor, or if you have questions or concerns about the professionals who serve the citizens of our state, you can find it on this website.
We hope you will visit our website often to stay current on the latest developments pertaining to your pursuits. Feel free to contact us with any ideas or suggestions for improving our service.
To read more, visit the BOARD INFORMATION section.
Five Free CEs Offered to All Licensees!
In-Person Board Presentation
November 3, 2023
John Brown University, Simmons Great Hall
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. = 3 hours Supervisor or Ethics CEs
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.= 2 hours Ethics CEs
No registration required
Laws, Rules, and Codes of Ethics
The enabling legislation of the Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling is codified in Arkansas Code Annotated §17-27—101 et seq. and it provides for the licensure and regulation of Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists; and the individuals who are allowed to use the titles “licensed professional counselor”, “licensed associate counselor”, “licensed marriage and family therapist”, and “licensed associate marriage and family therapist”. The Act is both title and practice.
The Board of Examiners in Counseling shall, in all deliberations and in all adopted Rules, diligently pursue goals most consistent with the public interest and protection of the public welfare and shall, at all times, apply the provisions of Arkansas Code Annotated § 17-27-101, et seq. and the Rules in a fair and impartial manner.
- 2014 ACA Code of Ethics
- 2015 AAMFT Code of Ethics
- Military Member Licensure
- Out-of-State Licensure
- 6 Month Evaluation
- LAC-LPC Core Curriculum Summary
- LAMFT-LMFT Core Curriculum Summary
- License Change Petition
- License Verification
- NCMHCE Petition
- Reference Letter
- Statement of Intent
- Supervision Agreement
- Supervision Hours Reporting Form
- Supervision Termination Notice
Thank you for your interest in Arkansas licensure. Please click the link below to establish access to the applicant portal if you are interested in submitting an application for any of the below:
- Licensed Associate Counselor
- Licensed Associate Marriage & Family Therapist
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Board Approved Supervisor Status
- LAC to LPC License Change
- LAMFT to LMFT License Change
2024 Upcoming Meetings: All board meetings are open to the public.
- January 11-13
- February 2-3
- March 1-2
- April 5-6
- May 10-11
- June 7-8
- July 12-13
- August 2-3
- September 6-7
- October 4-5
- November 1-2
- December 6-7
- Dr. Robbie Cline, LPC Practitioner
- Dr. Ryan Martin, Counselor Educator
- Dr. Justin Moore, Counselor Educator
- Dr. Suzanne Casey, Chair, MFT Practitioner
- Crystal Lougin, LPC Practitioner
- Wendy Blackwood, Secretary, LPC Practitioner
- Sherry Holliman, Public Representative
- Dr. Larry Hopkins, Counselor Educator
- Anderson Neal, 60+ Representative
Meeting Minutes (For any meeting minutes older than 2022, contact the Board's office)