Plumbing & Natural Gas
To provide a more efficient and quicker review, the Plumbing and Food Service Plan Review section of the Arkansas Department of Health encourages plan submissions to be sent electronically via our online plan portal or by Mail or delivery service.
The Department of Health provides consultation to local public health officials, architects, engineers, and other construction-related professions regarding sanitary plumbing and natural gas systems. We supervise the inspection program for newly constructed public and private facilities throughout the state for compliance with Plumbing and Fuel Gas Codes and provide testing and certification of various plumbing-related licenses, such as Master/Journeyman, city inspectors, and gas fitters. The department is responsible for publishing codes, rules, and regulations for licensing, and conducts plumber and gas-related training programs.
Please call 501-661-2642 for plumbing licensing application questions. Plumbing Plan Review forms and guidelines, as well as applications, can be located below.
- Instructions for Plumber Exam Application
- Application for Backflow Assembly Repair Technician
- Application for Backflow Assembly Testing Technician
- Application for City Plumbing Inspector
- Application for Apprentice Plumber
- Application for Journeyman Plumber
- Application for Master Plumber
- Application for Deferment
- Application for Lifetime Plumber
- Application to Read or Interpret
- Application for Supervisor Gas Fitter
- Application for Gas Fitter
- Application for Gas Fitter Trainee
- Gas Utility Service Person
- Application for Governmental Maintenance
- Application for Hospital Maintenance
- Application for Hospital Maintenance Supervisor
- Application for Hospital Maintenance Trainee
- Application for Water and Sewer Service Line Installer
- Candidate Background Affidavit
- Plan Review Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Plumbing Change of Address Form
- Application for Plumber Reinstatement
- Natural Gas Inspection Form for Arkansas Accredited Schools
- Request for License Verification
- Uniformed Service Member or Spouse Plumber License Application
- Arkansas Master Plumber Study Guide
- Arkansas Journeyman Plumber Study Guide
- Guidelines for Plumbing Plan Review
- Master & Journeyman Plumber Qualifications
- Reciprocity Ohio-Arkansas Outline & Agreement
- Reciprocity Arkansas-Texas Agreement
- Reciprocity Agreement-Arkansas/Louisiana
Rules, guidelines, and information related to Arkansas Apprenticeship can be found on the Office of Skills Development website.
For Liquid Propane licensing or code, contact the State of Arkansas Liquefied Petroleum Gas Board
The Arkansas Plumbing and Fuel Gas Codes are copyrighted documents published by the International Code Council (ICC). You may review a non-printable version by clicking here.
The Arkansas Plumbing and Fuel Gas Codes are available in loose-leaf or PDF format here.
For information about state contractor licensing, contact the State of Arkansas Contractor's Licensing Board.
- Plumbing and Natural Gas Inspector
- Plumbing, Gas Fitter, and Gas Utility
- Plumbing, Governmental Maintenance License
- Plumbing, Hospital Maintenance
- Plumbing, Lifetime License
- Plumbing, Water, and Sewer Line Installer
- Backflow School Programs
- Plumbing Licensure Exam Calendar for 2024
- Plumbing City Inspector School Testing and Training (FY2024)
- Plumbline Quarterly (Summer)
- Public Plumbing License Search
- State of Arkansas Plumbing Inspectors Contact Information
- State of Arkansas Plumbing Inspector Coverage Map
Boards and Committees
- Plumbing Examiner's Committee
- Plumbing Examiner's Sanctions
- Plumbing Examiner's Committee Minutes
- Plumbing Law 2022
Special consideration for Active Duty service members, returning veterans, and spouses are available for licensure, certification, or permitting per Ark. Code 17-1-106.
Please contact the office below for additional forms or guidelines. Also, please provide contact information in your email response to our Office.
|Protective Health Codes
4815 W. Markham St., Slot 24