Rural Health Resources & News
- For employment opportunities in an HPSA or medically underserved area, click here.
- Rural Health Information Hub
- Evidence-Based Toolkits for Rural Community Health
- Arkansas Department of Health, Office of Rural Health and Primary Care, Primary Care Needs Assessment
The Student Exposure to Health Care Experiences and Careers Resource Guide is the joint effort of members of the health and education sectors who first came together at the 2018 Rural Health Summit at the Winthrop Rockefeller Institute. The guide includes information and contacts for educational programs operating throughout Arkansas that provide healthcare-related experiences and career exposure for students of all ages.
- Critical Access Hospitals 2022
- Dental Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) Map
- Food Insecurity Map
- Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) and Medically Underserved Areas / Populations (MUA/P)
- Medically Underserved Areas (MUA) Map
- Mental Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) Map
- Primary Care Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) Map
- Uninsured Rates Map
RHC Regulatory Compliance with The Compliance Team, for Arkansas
- Emergency Preparedness | Part II | Part III
- Mock Survey Presentation Video
- Top 10 Cited Deficiencies for Arkansas
Informative Presentations from the 2020 Annual Rural Health Conference:
- AFMC Stewardship | Part 2
- Arkansas Grant Writing | Part 2
- COVID-19 State of the State by Dr. Jennifer Dillaha of the ADH
- Critical Access Hospital Symposium: Navigating Finances in 2020
- Emerging Physician Recruiting with Merrit Hawkins | Part 2 | Part 3
- Explore RHC-Telehealth Services Part A
- Federal Legislative Updates with Maggie Elehwany | Part 2
- MBQIP and the Future of Quality Reporting
- National Updates with Brock Slabach of NRHA | Part 2
- Rural OB Telemedicine Issues | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4
- Telehealth-Rural Health Restore, Reinvigorate, Reinvent | Part 2
- The Compliance Team - RHC Arkansas | Part 2
- Dr. Jennifer Dillaha
- Dr. Brock Slabach
- Jordan Murdoch
- Dr. Hari Eswaran & Dr. Curtis Lowery
- Kathy Wibberly
- Sarah Brinkman
- Jane Jerzak
Rural Health News
- Pulsara Article-Comments from Providers: See what Arkansas providers think about the new Pulsara App!
- Rural Policy Research Institute (RUPRI) provides analysis and information on the challenges, needs and opportunities facing rural America National Rural Health Association.
- The National Rural Health Association (NRHA) is the voice of rural health, promoting leadership, communication, education, research, and advocacy since 1978. Some of the latest information available through NRHA include:
- Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care - a nonprofit corporation dedicated to the clinical evaluation and improvement of health care in Arkansas.
- National Academy of Medicine - The National Academy of Medicine (NAM) was established in 1970 under the name Institute of Medicine (IOM). In 1996, the NAM launched a concerted, ongoing effort focused on assessing and improving the nation's quality of care, which is now in its third phase.
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement - non- for-profit organization leading the improvement of health care throughout the world. IHI was founded in 1991 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations - recently announced the new National Patient Safety Goals.
- The Commonwealth Fund - a private foundation that aims to promote a high performing health care system that achieves better access, improved quality, and greater efficiency, particularly for society's most vulnerable, including low-income people, the uninsured, minority Americans, young children, and elderly adults.
Resources for Health Technology Assessment
- AHRQ National Resource Center for Health Information Technology - (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality) Lead Federal agency charged with improving the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans. AHRQ supports health services research that will improve the quality of health care and promote evidence-based decision-making. The site provides information on programs that promote the use of health information technology. Central repository for research findings from projects developing, testing, and using health IT applications.
- DHHS Health IT Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) - Health information technology (Health IT) allows comprehensive management of medical information and its secure exchange between health care consumers and providers.
- HRSA Health Information Technology - Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Health Information Technology site promotes the widespread availability and use of digital networks to improve access to health care services for people who are uninsured, isolated or medically vulnerable.
Rural Research Resources
- Maine Rural Health Research Center
Health Insurance and Uninsured, Long Term Services and Supports, Rural Health Clinics (RHCs), Mental Health, Substance Abuse
- North Carolina Rural Health Research and Policy Analysis Center
Medicare, Medicaid and S-CHIP, Healthcare Financing, Health Policy
- North Dakota and NORC Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
Health Policy, Health Services, Frontier Health, Workforce
- RUPRI Center for Rural Health Policy Analysis
Health Policy, Medicare, Medicare Advantage (MA), Health Insurance and the Uninsured, Health Services
- Rural and Minority Health Research Center
Health Disparities, Minority Health, Health Services
- Rural and Underserved Health Research Center
Substance Abuse Treatment, Primary Care, Emergency Department Access
- Rural Telehealth Research Center
Telehealth, Health information Technology, Technology
- Southwest Rural Health Research Center
Health Insurance, Maternal and Child Health, Aging, Diabetes, Substance Abuse
- University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center
Quality Measurement and Improvement, Women’s Health, Perinatal Care, Aging, Disability, Social Determinants of Health
- WWAMI Rural Health Research Center
Workforce, Health Services
Telehealth Coding and Billing Hints and Tips
- Information about telehealth coding and billing can be found here.