When you are on WIC, you can count on us to be there with support and answers from the beginning of pregnancy all the way up to your child’s fifth birthday. WIC offers the latest nutrition information to help families like yours make healthy choices.
On visits to WIC, you can get personal nutrition counseling or attend a group class on a variety of nutrition-related topics. More nutrition information and online lessons are also available at ARWIConline.org.
WIC provides the following healthy foods to support the nutritional needs of infants, children, and women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or postpartum.
- WIC Approved Food List
Pregnant, Breastfeeding, and Postpartum Women and Children
- Cereal (breakfast cereal or hot cereal)
- Whole grains (brown rice, oats, pasta, whole wheat or corn tortillas, whole wheat or whole grain bread)
- Milk or soy beverage
- Fruit or vegetable juice
- Beans (dried or canned)
- Peanut butter
- Fruits and vegetables (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- Canned fish (for fully breastfeeding women)
- Infant fruits and vegetables
- Infant meats (for exclusively breastfed infants)
- Infant cereal
- Infant formula