The Arkansas Department of Health offers prenatal care in numerous counties throughout the five public health regions of the state. Services are provided at little or no cost and no one will be refused services due to inability to pay. In addition, clients have access to other Health Department services such as STI testing, family planning services and WIC. To locate the most convenient Local Health Unit for you, please check the listing in your area.
The Perinatal Health Program’s goals are to ensure pregnant women have early access to prenatal care, decrease pregnancy-related diseases, premature births and to reduce the number of infant deaths in Arkansas.
Prenatal Services include:
- Routine prenatal clinic visits
- Prenatal education and counseling
- Postpartum services
- Treatment and referrals
Count the Kicks
Third trimester? Start counting!
Counting your baby’s movements is an important way for you to check the health of your baby between clinic visits. Keeping up with your baby’s kicks is easy with the Count the Kicks app.
Counting the kicks, roles, and pokes from your baby helps expectant mother’s track normal movement pattern during the third trimester of pregnancy. Its daily text feature will remind you when it’s time to start counting.
- Count your baby’s kicks with the free Count the Kicks app.
- Pick a time when your baby is active and time how long it takes to get 10 movements. You can record and save each session.
- Call your provider right away if you notice a change in what’s normal for your baby.
Watch the video to learn how to count the kicks.
Download the free Count the Kicks app today!